Saturday, July 27, 2013

Buckley to Orting Half Marathon

Mike and I ran the half marathon this morning on our gorgeous trail from Buckley , through South Prairie, and finishing in Orting. It was a gorgeous run. This bridge was so fun to run across. You won't find better scenery than this for a run! I hit the wall at about 10 miles. I looked at my mile splits on my watch, and I was booking it for the first 9 miles and then died. I was around 7:18-7:30 per mile, then died! Well, my overall time was not bad. 1 hour 47 min. Mike won the whole race in 1 hour 19 min. He won a gold railroad tie. What a prize! He won two of them, one for overall and one for his age group. I got 3rd in my age and 16th overall. Not bad for an old 39 yr old lady. Ha ha. I am still waiting on more pictures from people. Mike had a few pics that I am borrowing. Great race Mike! Can't wait to do it again next year!!
                                                                   Awesome Bridge!
                                                                        Mike and I after the 13.1 miles!
                                                        Shuttle buses that took us to Buckley starting line
                                                           My sweet new car!
                                                      Took pictures while I was waiting


                                                         Finishers medal front and back
                                                                 Here is the railroad tie! Awesome prize!








2 comments:

Michael said...

Yeah Juliet it was definitely a gorgeous course for a 1/2 marathon. I actually enjoyed the muddy trail portion, but I did slow down quite a bit through there because I am notorious for twisting ankles. I thought I was off course when I was running down George and Barbara's farm road, but then when I hit South Prairie I finally saw an orange arrow on the road. I hit the wall around 9 miles as well, but I just slowed down a tiny bit to ensure that I would be able to finish!! Great job and thanks for the run!

Lisa said...

'Job Juliet. ;)