Saturday, August 31, 2013

Triathlon

I competed in my first triathlon this morning! I was pretty nervous about the swim! I did it in fifteen minutes and survived. I never really felt panicked during the swim in the middle of the lake. I borrowed a tri bike from my friends friend and it worked great! I averaged 14 mph on the bike and then the run was last , my favorite of the three! I ran slow about 7:50 pace but I was pretty spent from the bike and swim already. I ended up placing third in my age group! I was surprised. Aaron did the Olympic distance and I did the sprint distance. Aaron got third in his age as well! It was a fun day! Pictures will be online in about a week. Here is a picture of my medals. The finishers medal has 2012  on it. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the accomplishment.
I'm glad you didn't drown in the lake. I look forward to seeing some photos. Wish I could have been there to see it in person.