Thursday, August 22, 2013

Goodbye old friend

We said goodbye to Kekoa today. He hasn't been eating for a couple days and his breathing was very shallow. He was not himself. We took him to the vet and they did a chest X-ray and discovered cancer throughout his lungs. He only had about two days left to live , so instead of letting him suffocate and suffer we put him to sleep. He has been the best dog!  He lived a long ten and a half years. We all cried and still are crying. We will miss him so much! RIP Kekoa boy ! Love you forever!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear about Kekoa.
I am crying with you. Kekoa was a sweetheart of a bully. Kekoa made it an extra year longer than Coco. Coco died on August 19th of last year.
I am glad I got to see Kekoa and pet him one last time a couple weeks ago.
It will be hard and tears will be cried for a long time. Our level of sadness equals our level of love and I know Kekoa was loved A LOT. He will be missed. Do you have a place to bury him?
We love you Kekoa. RIP.
I hope your hearts will be comforted with great memories- knowing he lived a good, happy life.

Michael said...

Kekoa was a very sweet dog. I always went out of my way to say hi to him and give him some love whenever he was around. It's very hard to say goodbye to those we love so much.
"If tears could build a stairway,
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again"

Tammy said...

RIP Kekoa.

Derrinda said...

So sorry to hear about Kekoa. I always thought he was a sweet dog. It reminded me of when we lost our sweet Willie. I know you will be sad for a long time but may you all be comforted at this time with all the great memories you have of your beloved family member.