Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dresser make over

I bought this dresser for $30 at the Goodwill thrift store about 2 months ago. I loved the look of the dresser, but it definitely needed a make over. It was painted white and originally is brown underneath. So, I have been hearing all these great things about chalk paint. So, I decided to buy some. It is really neat. Not much sanding is involved at all and you just paint it on! So, Aaron helped me a lot. I wanted to do the project by myself, but he insisted that he help. So, I painted the first coat and he painted the 2nd coat and then sprayed the handles a black color and then put on the final wax for the finished product. Kingston picked out the color. It is called " surfboard". It is a pretty blue color. I didn't take any pictures of the dresser before, but you can imagine it looked white with gold handles.  I also bought this rocking chair at value village for $3. It was originally brown and so we painted it the same color. We antiqued it. Left some of the brown showing. Kingston really likes it. Kylee fits in it perfectly. Fun projects! The dresser and rocking chair will go in the kids room.







1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks nice. You guys did a good job with it.